Computer Forensics Senior Security Consultant
$100,000+ Base, benefits, training opportunities
Education: BA/BS Preferred
Certification: CISSP Appreciated, GCFA, CCE, CFCE Preferred
SecurityRecruiter.com has helped this well-established information security consulting company to grow for years. Our client’s focus is on forensics, business continuity / business recovery, data privacy and information security. They’ve been providing these services for over 25 years.
Since this firm was created in 1998, it has been on the forefront of providing highly ethical services to prevent exploitation of its clients.
When they add to their consultant team, they look for consultants who have a passion for the information security profession. They hire consultants who have a passion for learning and who are curious to know what comes next. If you’re a candidate for this role, you’ll be challenged to demonstrate your passion, the ways in which you keep up-to-date with the changing security landscape and you’ll be expected to learn new tools in order to deliver world-class forensics services.
Our client operates a lab environment at their corporate office in Southern Connecticut. You will be expected to work from this office while also making face-to-face visits to client sites. You will conduct on-site client project planning meetings and you will interface with client management to acquire data, to conduct tests, to review designs, findings and to make recommendations.
Innovation, considerable independent action, and sound technical judgment are required for effective implementation of client requirements. You must be able to conceive and recommend alternative practices to maximize results and minimize risk. This position requires organizational skills and dealing with complex and difficult technical and procedural methods.
In addition to a competitive base salary, our client also offers paid holidays, generous vacation, medical, dental, disability insurance, 401 (K) and technical training opportunities.
Required Background Skills:
- Demonstrate expertise with EnCase Forensic software
- A 4-year degree is highly appreciated. Candidates who do not have a 4-year degree will be considered
- Must have 4+ years of progressively responsible experience and research in digital forensics
- Demonstrate a deep working knowledge of various operating and network systems, encryption programs and data retrieval procedures
- Prove an ability to analyze digital data and to think outside the box during investigative tasks
- Show that you can effectively communicate findings and recommendations orally and in writing
- Demonstrate a full understanding of “Chain of Custody”
- Forensics Certification preferred (GCFA, CCE, CFCE, etc.)
- Familiarity with intrusion detection systems (IDS), security information and event monitoring (SIEM) and log aggregation preferred
- Having previously testified in court is a plus
Considerable independent action, innovation and sound technical judgment are required. You must be able to conceive and recommend alternative practices to maximize results and minimize risk. Tasks could involve computer hard drives, storage devices, cell phones, PDAs, tablets, MP3 players, smart phones, electronic notebooks, video game consoles or any other electronic device to test what a hacker could do in a system or what s/he might have done, or to accumulate evidence that could be admissible in a court of law.
Connecticut Security Jobs, Forensics Security Jobs, Security Forensics Consulting Jobs