Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Security Jobs: Security Awareness Program Manager, Denver, CO or Muscatine, IA
Are you driven to make a difference in your career? Do you thrive in a collaborative work environment? Do you like to lead change and make a difference in an already strong organization? Are you interested in a job that offers professional growth and personal satisfaction? We have an opportunity like that.
Consider joining a medium-sized, but nationally recognized engineering services firm. We’re a member-owned company with almost 100 years of success and tradition. We are engaged in interesting and complex energy, infrastructure, and environmental projects all over the world that solve problems for our clients and make a difference in other people’s lives. We refer to our employees as members - a subtle difference in terms, but one of several differences that make us one of the “best engineering companies to work for". Care and concern for our members is an integral part of our Core Values. We value their capabilities, initiative, integrity, creativity, and commitment as our most important assets and we strive to provide a satisfying career for them.
With all the success we have had, we are still a learning and growing organization. We need to protect sensitive project and company information and create a culture of compliance within the company’s organization. We are seeking a security professional in our Muscatine, Iowa office to help us develop, implement, and champion programs in Information Protection, Security Awareness and Security Training to meet industry standards and business needs. You will be the advocate and spokesperson for these programs, actively promoting adherence to management and members alike.
In this position, you will specifically:
• Develop, implement, and maintain the company’s Information Protection and Access Control Program, meeting applicable industry standards and business needs.
• Develop and deliver the company’s Security Awareness Program and Security Training Program.
• Facilitate approval of program documentation within the company.
• Set up and maintain access rights to secured projects in accordance with program requirements.
• Proactively identify and coordinate with management, security weaknesses, as well as make recommendations for mitigating these weaknesses.
• Monitor compliance and conduct audits of these programs.
• Proactively interact with information technology members responsible for IT infrastructure security.
• A bachelors degree and 5-7 years of experience
• Experience with information security regulations, standards, and best practices
• Experience in implementing security policies and security programs
• In-depth knowledge of information security and how it relates to protecting information from unauthorized access
• Excellent project management, communication and documentation skills
• A solid understanding of client-facing consulting services
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Additionally, if you enjoy periodic travel, we have 15 offices around the country that you will have to visit occasionally as you develop and promote your programs.
To ensure a healthy balance between your career and personal life, we offer a benefits package that is one of the best in the industry, including 100% company-paid health, dental and vision premiums for members; retirement plan with 401k, profit sharing and company contributions; tuition reimbursement; professional development leave; and ownership through company stock.
Be a part of the solutions to the challenges we face and make a difference in a solid, client-focused and member-appreciated organization.
We are an equal opportunity employer
Apply directly for this Denver Security Job or this Iowa Secuirty Job on-line at: http://misjobs.com/cgi-bin/securityrecruiter/searchjobs.cgi
President of SecurityRecruiter.com and JeffSnyderCoaching.com. SecurityRecruiter.com is an executive search firm specialized in information security recruiting, cyber security recruiting, corporate security recruiting, physical security recruiting, converged security recruiting, IT risk management recruiting, enterprise risk management, global compliance recruiting, global privacy recruiting and business intelligence recruiting.
Through JeffSnyderCoaching.com, I provide Resume Writing, LinkedIn Profile Optimization, Personal Branding, Personal Marketing, Strengths Coaching, Emotional Intelligence Coaching, Career Coaching, Leadership Coaching, Executive Coaching, Coaching for Entrepreneurs and aspiring Entrepreneurs, Career Transition Coaching and more.
My clients include Fortune 500 clients crossing many different different industry boundaries including but not limited to Banking, Financial Services, Hospitality, Gaming, Insurance, eCommerce, Oil & Gas, Retail, Entertainment, Media, Software, Consumer Products, Hospitality, Mining, Security Consulting, Telecommunications and more.
My Security Recruiter Blog is home to information that security, risk, compliance, governance and privacy professionals need to grow their security careers and is updated weekly.
My recent public speaking activities include:
- CISO Forum and ISSA of Los Angeles
- CSO Roundtable for ASIS
- North Texas ISACA in Dallas, TX
- Information Security Leadership Forum, Dallas, TX
- ISSA in Denver, CO
- National CISO Forum of ISSA in Las Vegas
- ISSA in Colorado Springs
- EVANTA in Phoenix
- A private training session to train computer sales people in Denver to leverage LinkedIn to drive their sales business opportunities.
- I speak on leadership, career and overcoming adversity topics.
Testimonials of my recruiting work are found on the Security Recruiting Testimonials page of SecurityRecruiter.com. Testimonials for my coaching work are found on the Coaching Testimonials page of JeffSnyderCoaching.com.
I have a rather large and growing LinkedIn network with nearly 30,000 direct connections.