Thursday, September 01, 2011
Security Jobs: Director of Corporate Security, Springfield, MO
Location: Springfield, MO
Type: Full Time
This is a Springfield, MO based full-time position responsible for executing company-wide asset security for our terminals, equipment, freight, and associates nationwide. Key team-member will effectively collaborate with management and general counsel on a regular basis, and will work with external law enforcement, customers, and industry colleagues as needed. Selected candidate must be able to develop, implement, monitor, and mange innovative security strategies in an ever-changing, fast-paced industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage programs and procedures for tracking High Value Freight. Work in conjunction with Sales Managers and Customers to promote integrity and security for high target theft items.
• Maximize security by selecting and managing programs, personnel and technology to achieve physical and perimeter security at each of our terminal locations and drop yards. This will include camera systems, property access control, and on-site inspections.
• Present yourself as the “face of the organization.” Must be willing to travel with other members of our team to present information and ideas to customers and industry groups, both in a small group setting and in a formal presentation arena. Provide excellent customer service to our Driver Associates including managing our shuttle service, ID Badge creation and problem solving.
• Research and monitor C-TPAT, State and Federal Security laws and international border crossings.
• Ten or more years of previous law enforcement or related experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Law Enforcement, Criminal Justice or related field.
• Experience with corporate security environment.
• Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Strong leader with the ability work independently and with a team.
• Practical experience in security/investigation management.
• Ability to maintain objectivity, confidentiality and integrity.
• 10% travel; may increase at times.
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to feel comfortable presenting to large groups.
Apply On-Line: http://misjobs.com/cgi-bin/securityrecruiter/showjob.cgi?actiontotake=ShowRecord&JobID=200129
Corporate Security Jobs, Missouri Security Jobs, SecruityRecruiter.com' Security Recruiter Blog
President of SecurityRecruiter.com and JeffSnyderCoaching.com. SecurityRecruiter.com is an executive search firm specialized in information security recruiting, cyber security recruiting, corporate security recruiting, physical security recruiting, converged security recruiting, IT risk management recruiting, enterprise risk management, global compliance recruiting, global privacy recruiting and business intelligence recruiting.
Through JeffSnyderCoaching.com, I provide Resume Writing, LinkedIn Profile Optimization, Personal Branding, Personal Marketing, Strengths Coaching, Emotional Intelligence Coaching, Career Coaching, Leadership Coaching, Executive Coaching, Coaching for Entrepreneurs and aspiring Entrepreneurs, Career Transition Coaching and more.
My clients include Fortune 500 clients crossing many different different industry boundaries including but not limited to Banking, Financial Services, Hospitality, Gaming, Insurance, eCommerce, Oil & Gas, Retail, Entertainment, Media, Software, Consumer Products, Hospitality, Mining, Security Consulting, Telecommunications and more.
My Security Recruiter Blog is home to information that security, risk, compliance, governance and privacy professionals need to grow their security careers and is updated weekly.
My recent public speaking activities include:
- CISO Forum and ISSA of Los Angeles
- CSO Roundtable for ASIS
- North Texas ISACA in Dallas, TX
- Information Security Leadership Forum, Dallas, TX
- ISSA in Denver, CO
- National CISO Forum of ISSA in Las Vegas
- ISSA in Colorado Springs
- EVANTA in Phoenix
- A private training session to train computer sales people in Denver to leverage LinkedIn to drive their sales business opportunities.
- I speak on leadership, career and overcoming adversity topics.
Testimonials of my recruiting work are found on the Security Recruiting Testimonials page of SecurityRecruiter.com. Testimonials for my coaching work are found on the Coaching Testimonials page of JeffSnyderCoaching.com.
I have a rather large and growing LinkedIn network with nearly 30,000 direct connections.