"You never know if you’ve found your dream job or not. I thought my last job 8 years ago was my dream job until I accomplished everything that was set out for me to accomplish and then my current job came into view. My current job is closer to my dream job than the last one was. Although I’m happy in my current job, I returned your call because you just might be sitting on my next dream job."
"When you work for somebody else, you always have to know that your future is out of your control. You could be doing an outstanding job for somebody else and the carpet can get pulled right out from under you. You always have to keep your eyes open."
"I always network. I think everyone should always be networking. Either network within the field that you’re already in or network within a group that represents where you want your career to go next."
- Keep your resume up-to-date
- Always add on to your LinkedIn network
- Go to ISSA, ISACA, ASIS meetings and get to know people
- If a highly skilled recruiter calls you, consider returning the call to build a relationship. You never know when you might want to put that relationship in forward motion.
- Invest a few minutes here and there to let your peers know about opportunities that might benefit their career development. You just might be the recipient of someone else's willingness to pass opportunity on to you down the road.