- If your resume is headed to a Human Resources department, you can assume that the department is under-staffed and that everyone in the department is overworked. I can't see this type of gatekeeper reading a long resume.
- If the recipient of your resume is a recruiter, you can trust that the recruiter has too many voice mails, too many InMails on LinkedIn, too many emails and likely a lot of text messages to manage.
- If your resume is going directly to a hiring decision maker, what I just wrote about the recruiter applies.
- Personal Branding Matters
- First Impressions Matter
- Communicating in Your Audience's Style and Language Matters
- This is true in a Cover Letter, in a Resume and on LinkedIn